Infection Prevention Measures
In order to maintain public health and avoid any spreading of the virus amid graduation ceremonies, graduates and guests are requested to pay attention to the following:
- For the implementation of the ‘Vaccine Pass’ on CUHK campus, all graduates and guests must meet the vaccination requirements or held a valid medical exemption certificate accompanied by a negative COVID-19 test result. Graduates and guests under the categories of Red Code of the Vaccine Pass are NOT permitted to enter CUHK campus. In keeping with the government's further relaxing of social distancing rules from 17 November, visitors holding the Amber Code may enter the campus. They are, however, not allowed to take off their masks, dine at canteens or other communal eating areas.
- Wearing surgical masks.
- Washing hands or using hand sanitizers frequently to keep you free from the virus.
- Measuring body temperature before entering the ceremonial ground. Graduates and guests are advised to arrive earlier to avoid a large number of people lining up at the venue entrance.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed at the ceremonial ground.
- Handshaking with procession members on stage during the ceremony are restricted so as to avoid any close body contact.
- Those graduates and/or guests outside Hong Kong coming for the graduation ceremony should plan ahead to arrive in Hong Kong and take necessary viral tests and/or undergo quarantine as required by the Government. For the latest measures and arrangements, please visit the Government’s website at https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk.
- If graduates and/or guests have any respiratory symptoms, they should seek medical advice, stay home and avoid attending the ceremony.
- The University will closely monitor the COVID-19 situation in Hong Kong. Should the pandemic worsen, a Virtual Ceremony will be arranged and an announcement will be sent via email and posted on the website in advance.