Infection Prevention Measures
In order to maintain public health and avoid any spreading of the virus amid graduation ceremonies, graduates and guests are requested to pay attention to the following:
- For the implementation of the ‘Vaccine Pass’ on CUHK campus, all graduates and guests must meet the vaccination requirements or held a valid medical exemption certificate accompanied by a negative COVID-19 test result. Graduates and guests under the categories of Red or Amber Code of the Vaccine Pass are NOT permitted to enter CUHK campus.
- Wearing surgical masks at the time.
- Washing hands or using hand sanitizers frequently to keep you free from the virus.
- Measuring body temperature before entering the ceremonial ground or live webcasting venues. Graduates and guests are advised to arrive earlier to avoid a large number of people lining up at the venue entrance.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed at the ceremonial ground and live webcasting venues.
- Handshaking with procession members on stage during the ceremony are restricted so as to avoid any close body contact. Photo-taking is allowed only if surgical masks are worn.
- Those graduates and/or guests outside Hong Kong coming for the graduation ceremony should plan ahead to arrive in Hong Kong and take necessary viral tests and/or undergo quarantine as required by the Government. For the latest measures and arrangements, please visit the Government’s website at https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk.
- If graduates and/or guests have any respiratory symptoms, they should seek medical advice, stay home and avoid attending the ceremony.
- The University will closely monitor the COVID-19 situation in Hong Kong. Should the pandemic worsen, a Virtual Ceremony will be arranged and an announcement will be sent via email and posted on the website in advance.